CUA Event Sponsorship Criteria
Consumers United Association sponsors community events for the benefit of consumers.
Criteria for consideration
We sponsor events primarily in Colorado but also some in Arizona, New Mexico and Wyoming where the association has significant numbers of members.
Types of Events CUA will consider sponsoring:
The mission of Consumers United Association is to improve the lives of consumers through financial education and advocacy focused on consumer issues. All CUA-sponsored events should fit within the scope of financial education, consumer education or advocacy education. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
• One-time financial education seminars for any age group
• Consumer-related fairs (i.e. housing & resource fairs, energy use reduction, etc.)
• Training events for consumers to learn about legislative and other advocacy as it relates directly to consumer issues
• Events focused on educating parents and students about obtaining college financing
• Seminars for people to learn about accessing resources such as SNAP and Medicaid
• Shred events
• Consumer seminars on identity theft protection and other similar issues that protect consumers
• Financial education events focused on children
• Events to provide education to employees that fit within our criteria
CUA member-involved events are given priority. For example, if a CUA member is involved in organizing an event a scout group, school, fraternal organization, nonprofit, etc. or if a CUA member family approaches us on behalf of any group, the request is prioritized. The length of time a person has been a member of CUA does not matter. What matters to us is that the event will benefit a CUA member, their family, church, community or group. Payments will only be made to companies and organizations holding the event – not to individuals.
Types of groups we will consider sponsoring:
CUA has no restrictions on the types of groups, government entities, organizations, churches or companies we will consider sponsoring. Any school, group, organization, company that is holding an event that you believe fits our criteria can apply. We reserve the right to determine if the event and the group that is holding it will be a fit with our goals.
• The events should be open to the public and to CUA members whenever possible but we will consider the events even if they are not. We will post your event on our Web site.
• CUA is particularly interested in serving under-served populations of people and people with a very specific need for financial, consumer and advocacy education but that is not our sole criteria.
• CUA may provide you brochures for you to give to each participant.
CUA’s budget for each event is between $500-$2,500 (max). Please send us your sponsorship level material which includes how CUA will be recognized. Our annual sponsorship budget is limited and we will work to support as many events as possible in a given year but we can run out of funds before the end of the year so you may want to apply earlier.
CUA has a set budget for each deadline shown below. The amount of sponsorship you might receive will depend on the number of applications we have and how closely they tie with our criteria.
Applications are accepted year round but our hard deadlines are listed below. The deadlines for consideration are the 1st of the following months for events taking place at least one month after the deadline. Decisions are made within 2-3 weeks after submission. If we are unable to make a decision in time for your event we will let you know, but please make sure you have planned ahead rather than pushing the deadline.
The 1st of February, April, June, August, (please notice gap) & December*
If the 1st falls on a weekend, please submit on the Friday before. *Our budget is determined in December for the following year which means a decision in December for the next year may be delayed.
How to apply:
Send the application and information about your sponsorship levels and benefits of each level to: firstname.lastname@example.org attn, CUA Executive Director.
CUA Event Sponsorship Application
If your organization provides an on-going financial education program, please refer to our financial education awards program instead of applying for sponsorship.